|Changi Sailing Club | Singapore Changi Sailing Club|
|Places in Singapore - Changi Point|
|Written by Singapore Guide|
Changi Sailing Club
The Changi Sailing Club as it is known today, began in 1936 as the Changi Garrison Yacht Club (CGYC) started by a group of British soldiers from the Royal Engineers, stationed here before World War II. The CGYC reincarnated as the RAF (Changi) Sailing Club, or RAFYC as it was more popularly known, when the RAF moved into Changi after the Japanese Occupation.
With the exit of the exit of the RAF officers, the club was taken over by the then Singapore Sports Council (SSC) in 1968. In 1980, with a successful membership driver, the private club generated the necessary funds to build the present day clubhouse, which was officially opened in April 1981. By mid 1982, the club became know simple as Changi Sailing Club.